Crab and cream cheese are seasoned and spread onto Italian bread before being baked until golden brown in this great light meal. Serve this tasty dish for lunch or dinner with a mixed green or Caesar salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cooked crabmeat
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot pepper sauce to taste
- 4 thick slices Italian bread, cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley for garnish
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
Beat the cream cheese in a medium bowl until fluffy. Mix in crab, garlic, salt, pepper and hot sauce. Spread onto bread slices and top with Swiss cheese. Place on a baking sheet.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cheese has melted and browned slightly. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve.