A luscious egg pie with crabmeat, red pepper and Swiss cheese, and a hint of white wine. Serve for a delicious and elegant luncheon!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup crabmeat, drained and flaked
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 (9 inch) pie shell, partially baked
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute green onion and red bell pepper until soft. Stir in crabmeat, and season with salt and pepper. Add wine, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat, and allow to cool.
In a large bowl, beat eggs until light. Whisk in half-and-half, and crab mixture. Pour into pie crust, and sprinkle with Swiss cheese.
Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
To partially bake crust, bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes.