Plopped into a bowl and surrounded by salad stuff, crunchy saltines are sensational. Just use a dab of mayonnaise so they stay crisp through the last bite.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 12 ounces saltine crackers
- 3 tomatoes - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, or as needed
Break saltines in a bowl, add tomatoes, onion, green bell pepper, cheddar cheese and moisten with mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper to taste. Chill before serving.
Potato Salad Tips