Habanero chili peppers heat up this sensational barbecue sauce for a dynamite chicken wing dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle honey teriyaki barbeque sauce
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 dashes liquid smoke flavoring
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 6 cloves crushed garlic
- 8 habanero peppers, seeded and minced
- 4 green chile peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely grated raw horseradish
- 18 chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded
In a medium saucepan mix together barbeque sauce, Worcestershire sauce, honey, liquid smoke, ginger, garlic, habanero peppers, green chile peppers, and horseradish. Simmer 1 hour over low heat, stirring occasionally.
Place chicken wings in a large bowl, and coat with 3/4 of the sauce. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
Preheat grill for low heat.
Lightly oil grate. Discard marinade, and place chicken on the grill. Cook over low heat for 45 minutes to 1 hour, turning occasionally, until juices run clear. Transfer chicken to a slow cooker for serving, and stir in the remaining sauce. Set to the Low setting to keep chicken warm while serving.
Approximate Grilling Times for Chicken and Poultry