A wonderful festive broccoli slaw salad. Great make ahead recipe and very versatile.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package broccoli coleslaw mix
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, garlic, and lemon zest. Gradually whisk in the canola oil while drizzling in a fine stream.
In a serving bowl, combine the broccoli slaw, dried cranberries, and onion. Pour the dressing over, and toss to coat evenly. Chill for at least 15 minutes before serving. Sprinkle pecans over the top just before serving.