This stuffing is great for vegetarians and non-vegetarians. It has a wonderful light and fruity taste. Since most of my family has been vegetarian for 25 years, we make this stuffing in a casserole instead of stuffing it in the turkey. You can, however, s
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (1 pound) loaf Italian bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 3 Granny Smith apples, cored and sliced
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup melted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a large casserole dish.
In a large bowl, mix the bread cubes, cranberry sauce, apples, raisins, lemon zest, and orange zest. Season with salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, cider, and butter. Toss the egg mixture with the bread mixture until evenly moist. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish.
Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned.