This crunchy salad made with pineapple, apple and celery can be served as a side dish or as a relish accompaniment to turkey or chicken.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (6 ounce) package fruit flavored gelatin mix
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups cranberries, pureed
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 apple - peeled, cored and diced
In a saucepan, dissolve gelatin and hot water. Add lemon juice, pineapple juice and 1/4 cup water.
In a medium bowl, combine the cranberries, crushed pineapple, celery and apple. Stir into gelatin mixture and pour into a mold. Chill until firm.