A fruity alternative to barbecue sauce, this chicken grills up mighty tasty in a cranberry-lemon-rosemary glaze.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 1/2 pounds cut up chicken pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
Heat grill to medium. Rinse chicken and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To Make Sauce: In a medium bowl combine the cranberry sauce, corn syrup, lemon juice, butter/margarine and rosemary. Mix well. Set aside.
Grill chicken pieces, bone side up, on uncovered grill over medium hot coals for 20 minutes. Turn chicken and grill for another 20 to 30 minutes or until tender and juices run clear, brushing often with the sauce during the last 15 minutes of cooking.