A cream cheese filling is topped with a cranberry sauce layer, and finished with a crunchy nut topping.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pie shell
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice from concentrate
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup cold butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Bake pie shell 8 minutes; remove from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F.
In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese on low until fluffy. Gradually beat in EAGLE BRAND® until smooth. Stir in lemon juice. Pour into prepared pastry shell.
In small bowl, combine 1-tablespoon sugar and cornstarch; mix well. Stir in cranberry sauce. Spoon evenly over cream cheese mixture.
In medium mixing bowl, cut butter into flour and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Sprinkle evenly over cranberry mixture. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Cool. Serve at room temperature or chill thoroughly. Store leftovers covered in refrigerate.