A beautiful crimson gelatin salad filled with delicious stuff - jellied cranberry sauce, pineapple, sweet-pitted cherries and chopped pecans. This lovely mixture is stirred into cherry gelatin and chilled.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 (16.5 ounce) can pitted dark sweet cherries, drained
- 10 1/2 ounces crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 (6 ounce) package cherry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the cranberry sauce.
Cut the cherries into pieces and add them to the melted sauce. Stir in the pineapple with its juice. Remove mixture from heat.
In a medium bowl pour the boiling water over the gelatin. And stir until all the gelatin has dissolved.
Add the gelatin mixture to the cranberry mixture and stir. Stir in the optional nuts. Pour into a 9x13 inch pan and chill until set.