The zing in this creamy gelatin salad loaded with pineapple, apple and chunky cranberry sauce comes from bottled salad dressing.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 2 (3 ounce) packages raspberry flavored gelatin mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons creamy salad dressing
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tart apple - peeled, cored and chopped
Drain pineapple, reserving syrup. Add enough water to the juice to make 2 cups liquid. In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the liquid with the gelatin; stir until dissolved. Remove from heat, and chill until partially set.
Beat together the cream cheese and salad dressing; add to gelatin mixture and mix. Fold in whipped topping and mix well. Take out 1 1/2 cups of mixture, and reserve. To the remaining mixture add the pineapple, cranberries, nuts, and apples.
Pour gelatin and fruit mixture into a large dish or bowl, and top with reserved mixture. Refrigerate until chilled.