This creamy, cheesy crawfish dip gets a kick in the pants from hot pepper sauce. Serve it with corn-chip scoops or your favorite chips. Its a sure-fire hit at parties.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup butter
- 2 bunches green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 pounds peeled crawfish tails
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 (1 pound) loaf processed cheese food, cubed
- salt and black pepper to taste
- hot pepper sauce to taste
Heat butter in a large pot over medium heat. Stir in green onions, and cook briefly. Add parsley and crawfish, and simmer about 7 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in flour to coat crawfish.
In a small bowl, mix together egg yolks and evaporated milk. Stir into crawfish, and reduce heat to medium-low. Gradually add cheese cubes, stirring continuously until the cheese has melted. Season with salt, pepper, and hot pepper sauce. Remove from heat, and bring to room temperature before serving.