Crawfish tails and Creole seasoning are exciting additions to this rice, beef, and vegetable dressing.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds frozen peeled crawfish tails, thawed
- 1 cup toasted, chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking dish.
In a large, heavy skillet over medium heat, stir together ground beef, onion, celery, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and garlic. Cook until beef is evenly browned and vegetables are tender.
Stir crawfish tails, pecans, butter, and green onions into the ground beef mixture. Season with Creole seasoning and pepper. Continue cooking about 3 minutes, until well mixed. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.
Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Garnish with parsley