Sauteed crawfish, green pepper, and green onion in a spicy cheese sauce. It's tossed with pasta, topped with Parmesan cheese and then baked.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 pound crawfish, peeled
- 1 (8 ounce) package processed cheese food, cubed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 pound dry fettuccini pasta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Melt butter in a large skillet and saute the green onion, green pepper, and garlic until onions are opaque. Stir in flour and cook for 7 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add crawfish meat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Stir in the processed cheese, half and half, Cajun seasoning and tomato. Cover and simmer for another 20 minutes. Meanwhile, cook pasta.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Mix together the sauce and pasta and transfer to the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.