These cookies are always a hit with my friends. They are soft and delicious!
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Cream together white and brown sugars, butter or margarine, eggs, baking soda, salt, and vanilla. Spoon in flour and mix well. Mix in 1 cup chopped pecans.
Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheets. Bake 8 to 10 minutes. Let cookies cool, then place filling on one cookie and put together like a sandwich.
To Make Filling: Mix together cream cheese, confectioner's sugar and 1 cup chopped pecans (optional). Spread on cooled cookies.