Elegant and simple to make, this dessert combines the delicate flavors of cream cheese-filled pears with chocolate and raspberry sauces.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 (29 ounce) cans pear halves in juice
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 4 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can NESTLE® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- bottled raspberry sauce or syrup (optional)
PLACE pear halves, cut side down, on paper towels. Combine cream cheese and sugar in small bowl until smooth. Match pear halves by size. Spread about 1 rounded tablespoon cream cheese mixture on cut side of one pear half; press cut side of second pear half into cream cheese. Repeat with remaining pears. Cover; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
HEAT evaporated milk to boiling in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Stir in morsels. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and smooth. Remove from heat; stir in sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
PLACE pears in pool of raspberry sauce; drizzle with Chocolate Sauce.