Lots of cream, and lots of white and brown sugars make the filling of this baked pie rich, smooth and delicious. While still warm, drizzle this pie with melted chocolate or dust with cocoa powder.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
In a large bowl, combine sugars, flour, salt, cream, eggs, and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Pour filling into an unbaked pie shell.
Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven. Lower the temperature to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C), and bake for an additional 20 minutes.