The tried and true combination of mushrooms and chicken in cream sauce using the blessed convenience of canned soup.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/4 cups water, or as needed
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
In a large saucepan, melt the butter/margarine. Add the soup, water and milk. Stir together over medium heat. Add the onion, salt and pepper and bring all to a boil.
When mixture starts boiling, add the chicken meat and simmer all together until chicken is cooked through. Add the sliced mushrooms and boil over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often. Serve!