Bite size beef cubes in a yummy cream-style gravy are mouth-watering served over rice!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce, or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, or as needed
- fresh parsley, for garnish
Bring the rice and water to a boil in a pot. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 20 minutes.
Place the beef in a bowl, sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Mix in the onion, 1/2 the green bell pepper, 1/2 the red bell pepper, ginger, and garlic. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
Transfer beef to the skillet, and cook until evenly brown. Mix in the mushrooms. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and cornstarch as needed to thicken the sauce. Mix in the remaining green bell pepper and red bell pepper. Remove from heat, and transfer to a large bowl (not the one used to season the beef). Mix cooked rice into the bowl with the beef. Serve garnished with parsley.