Cooked chicken breast meat simmered with cream, chicken broth, almonds and peas in a lightly seasoned mixture perfect for pouring over hot biscuits.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooked, chopped chicken breast meat
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed and drained
- 1 cup toasted sliced almonds
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, then add broth, cream, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix together and cook until thickened. Stir in chicken, peas and almonds. Heat through and serve over hot cooked biscuits.