Frozen whole kernel corn and grated Romano cheese are stirred into a heavy cream sauce and then baked in a casserole in this side dish for meat, poultry or fish.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen corn kernels
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup grated Romano cheese
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter and blend together with the flour.
Add the corn, half and half, whipping cream, salt and sugar. Stir and heat until mixture begins to thicken.
Stir in cheese and pour into a 2 quart casserole dish. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.