This pineapple and mandarin orange flavored cheesecake is baked in a homemade coconut crust, and is served with a tropical sauce made from the reserved juice of the canned fruit.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) package HERSHEY®'S Premier White Chips
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges segments, chopped, drained, juice reserved
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained with juice reserved
- 1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup MOUNDS® Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
Coconut Crust: Heat oven to 350 F. Stir together 1-1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs, 1/2 cup MOUND'S Sweetened Coconut Flakes, 1/4 cup melted butter or margarine and 2 tablespoons sugar in medium bowl. Press mixture firmly onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan. Bake 8 minutes; cool slightly.
Heat oven to 350 F. Beat cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy. Add sugar; beat well. Add eggs; beat well. Stir in white chips, oranges and pineapple. Pour mixture over crust.
Bake 60 to 65 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from oven to wire rack. With knife, loosen cake from side of pan. Cool completely; remove side of pan.
Prepare Tropical Fruit Sauce: Combine 1 cup reserved fruit juices, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon orange extract or pineapple extract. Cool to room temperature.
Serve Tropical Fruit Sauce with cheesecake. Garnish with coconut, if desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover cheesecake.