What could be better than a chocolate cream pie with a whipped cream topping?
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie shell
- 3 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened or semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- additional whipping cream - whipped (optional)
In saucepan, over medium heat, melt chocolate with EAGLE BRAND® and salt. Cook and stir until very thick and bubbly, 5 to 8 minutes. Add water and egg yolks; cook and stir rapidly until mixture thickens and bubbles again. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool 15 minutes. Chill thoroughly, about 30 minutes; stir.
In mixing bowl, beat 1 cup whipping cream until stiff; fold into cooled chocolate mixture. Pour into pie shell. Chill 3 hours or until set. Spread top with additional whipped, whipped cream(optional). Refrigerate leftovers.