This casserole version of a French classic relies on the ease of canned soups to sauce chicken with ham and Swiss cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1/2 pound cubed ham steak
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Pour soups over the chicken. Then spread the ham around and over the soups. Top all with the cheese and cracker crumbs.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 50 minutes, making sure chicken is fully cooked.