This delicious gelatin salad is great for Christmas because of it's green color but so refreshing to eat on a hot summer evening. Just a little cucumber makes it not too overwhelming. I prefer using salad dressing but you can substitute mayonnaise. The
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lime flavored gelatin mix
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup creamy salad dressing, e.g. Miracle Whip ™
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
Pour the gelatin mix into a medium bowl, and stir in the boiling water. Set aside to cool slightly.
In a blender or large food processor, combine the cream cheese, salad dressing, cucumber, pickle, and onion. Process until fairly smooth. Stir into the gelatin mixture. Pour into a mold, or leave in the bowl. Refrigerate for 3 hours, or until firm.