This dreamy salad is whipped up in a minute and disappears just as quickly. Fruit cocktail, sliced bananas, cherries and lightly sweetened whipping cream.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 (15.25 ounce) cans fruit cocktail, drained
- 3 large bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, halved
- 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a large bowl, combine fruit cocktail, bananas and cherries. Reserve 3 slices of banana and 1 cherry for garnish.
In a mixing bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks with an electric mixer. Add sugar and vanilla, and whip to combine.
Fold the whipped cream into the fruit. Garnish with a fan of banana slices. Place cherry at the bottom of the banana fan.