A creamy fruit salad made with cream cheese, canned fruit, fresh fruit and sweetened condensed milk. I make this for picnics, barbeques and potlucks, it's usually the first dish that disappears.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (15.25 ounce) cans fruit cocktail in light syrup, drained and liquid reserved
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- 1/2 honeydew melon, fruit removed with a melon baller
- 1/2 cantaloupe, fruit removed with a melon baller
In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Mix in about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of the reserved fruit cocktail liquid. Fold in the fruit cocktail, bananas, strawberries, honeydew and cantaloupe. Serve immediately or chill until serving.