Sauteed onions are combined with cans of cream of mushroom soup, chicken and beef broth in this easy to prepare dish.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 pounds onions, sliced
- 3 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed beef broth
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans condensed chicken broth
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
Melt the butter or margarine in a large pot or Dutch oven. Add the onions, and cook over medium heat until the onions are translucent and tender.
Stir in the flour. Blend in the broths and soup. Heat to boiling , then reduce to simmer. Season to taste with salt and pepper.