With oodles of sugared fresh peaches, a cup of cream that 's poured over the peach filling, and a sprinkling of nutmeg, you can 't go wrong with this lovely pie.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- 4 cups fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and sliced
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Peel and slice peaches.
Combine sugar, flour, salt and nutmeg. Add to the peaches and toss lightly. Turn out into pie shell. Pour whipping cream evenly over top.
Bake in a preheated 400 degree F (205 degrees C) oven for 35-45 minutes or until firm and golden brown on top. Chill for several hours before serving.