Pork cube steaks are coated in seasoned bread crumbs, fried to a golden brown, then baked with sauteed mushrooms in a delicious sour cream, broth, and cream of chicken soup sauce.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pounds pork cube steaks
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, coarsley chopped
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
In a shallow dish, stir together egg, water, rosemary, black pepper, and garlic powder.
Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Dip pork steaks into egg mixture, and coat with bread crumbs; brown pork 5 minutes on each side. Remove, and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In the same skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Stir in mushrooms, and cook until tender. Stir in soup, sour cream, and chicken broth. Warm through, then pour over pork, and cover dish with aluminum foil.
Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour.