This is my grandmothers pie recipe and is excellent for fresh pumpkin. I cut my pumpkins and bake them for an hour or so depending on the size of the pumpkin and them mash them through an old colander that has a pestle with it. Also passed down from my
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 4 cups fresh pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie crust
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.)
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk and eggs. Season with cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Mix together with a wire whisk until thoroughly blended. Pour filling into pie crust.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake another 35 to 40 minutes or until a knife inserted comes out clean.