Using the reduced fat versions of condensed cream of chicken and celery soups keeps the calories down in this creamy rosemary flavored soup with shrimp and frozen corn.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 pound medium shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can low-fat cream of celery soup
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn kernels
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 pinch dried rosemary
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot over medium high heat, saute the shrimp and the onions in the butter or margarine for about 5 minutes or until onions are tender. Add the cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, corn, broth, milk, rosemary, thyme, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve with French bread.