The Italian phrase 'primavera' means 'spring style' and refers to the use of fresh vegetables as a garnish.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (10 ounce) tub BUITONI® Light Alfredo Sauce
- 1 (9 ounce) package BUITONI® Mushroom & Cheese Tortelloni
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 medium green, red and/or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
COOK, rinse and drain Tortelloni according to package directions. Keep warm.
HEAT olive oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken.
COOK, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from skillet. Place bell peppers and onion in same skillet.
COOK, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Reduce heat to low; add chicken, sauce and peas.
COOK, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
SERVE over pasta.
Please look in your Grocer's Refrigerated Section for Buitoni's Pasta and Sauces