This is my spin on a popular creamy cheese fondue. Have fun with it and incorporate the cheeses and veggies you like. Serve with veggies and bread sticks.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 teaspoon ground dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together milk, white wine, Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and cream cheese. Cook, stirring frequently, until melted, about 10 minutes.
Stir in green onions, spinach, dry mustard, cayenne pepper, garlic powder and black pepper. Continue cooking until all ingredients are well blended, about 10 minutes.
Transfer mixture to a double boiler or fondue pot to keep warm while serving.