One of the easiest and best recipes for Shrimp Creole that I have tried. Try this shrimp dish served over rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons rendered bacon fat
- 2 cups chopped stewed tomatoes
- 1/8 cup tomato sauce
- 6 tablespoons minced onion
- 6 tablespoons chopped green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 7 ounces frozen, peeled and deveined shrimp
In a large frying pan brown flour in bacon drippings. Stir tomatoes, tomato sauce, minced onion, green pepper, parsley, garlic, water, salt and pepper into flour/oil mixture. Bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Cook 20 minutes. Add shrimp to mixture and cook 10 minutes longer. (If you use fresh shrimp cook an additional 5 minutes).