This recipe is one of my favorites, because the taste of the shrimp doesn't get lost in the sauce. The sauce has just a hint of a kick, and really enhances the shrimp. Just wonderful...enjoy!!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 (8 ounce) packages angel hair pasta
- 7 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- jalapeno pepper sauce, to taste
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon fines herbs
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds large shrimp - peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until done. Drain.
Meanwhile, melt butter in a small saucepan over very low heat. Add Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauces to taste; mix well. Stir in lemon juice, herb mix, bay leaf, and thyme. Keep warm, but do not simmer.
Heat oil in large skillet. Saute shrimp in oil for 3 to 4 minutes, or just until shrimp turn pink. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon liquid from skillet. Remove and discard bay leaf. Add butter sauce, and stir well. Stir in parsley. Serve over angel hair pasta.