Crispy, delicious oatmeal cookies.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
Cream together the shortening and the sugars. Mix in the egg and vanilla and mix well.
Stir in dry ingredients to mixture, stirring until well blended. Mix in oatmeal. Add in coconut and chocolate chips, if desired.
Roll dough into small balls and put on greased cookies sheet. Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly browned.