Fresh cheese tortellini are breaded and baked until crispy, then served with a side of pizza sauce for dipping.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/2 cup plain, dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons HERB-OX® Chicken Flavored Bouillon Granules
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated cheese filled tortellini
- Warm pizza sauce or marinara sauce for dipping
Heat oven to 400 degrees F. In bowl, combine bread crumbs, bouillon, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese. In another small bowl, combine sour cream and milk. Dip tortellini in sour cream mixture, then in the bread crumbs; coat evenly. Place tortellini on baking sheet. Bake 10 - 12 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown; turning once. Serve immediately with warm pizza or marinara sauce.
The bouillon mixture makes a great coating for chicken fingers or mild fish.