Crispy Jalapeno Honey Chicken with Tomato-Corn Confetti adds pizzazz to any patio party. Piquant peppers, OLD BAY® Seasoning and a touch of honey combine to create this fresh rendition of all-American fried chicken.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons Old Bay® Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Parsley Flakes
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Tomato-Corn Confetti:
- 3 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn, canned or frozen
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay® Seasoning
Wash and pat chicken dry. In a shallow bowl blend honey, jalapeno pepper, garlic and egg. On a separate plate, mix breadcrumbs, flour, OLD BAY® Seasoning and parsley flakes. Dip each chicken breast in honey mixture, then in breadcrumb mixture. Repeat with honey and breadcrumb mixture.
In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Saute chicken 5-7 minutes per side or until chicken is done. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
Combine all ingredients for tomato-corn confetti. Serve over chicken.