Three generations have been savoring this wonderfully delicious pie and it 's no wonder. With its rhubarb filling and crumbly sugared cornflake topping, it bakes up juicy, sweet and crunchy.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 1/2 cups diced rhubarb
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch single crust pie
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes cereal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Combine rhubarb, 1 tablespoon flour and white sugar. Mix well and place in pie shell.
Melt the butter or margarine and mix with 1/2 cup brown sugar, crushed corn flakes and 1/2 cup flour. Mix in a bowl and pat down on top of pie. Bake in oven at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 40 minutes. Turn off oven and leave the pie in the oven for another hour. Serve warm.