These intricately seasoned and breaded fried chicken morsels are coated in sesame seeds for a distinct flavor.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 (3 pound) whole chicken, deboned and cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup white rice flour
- 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 quarts vegetable oil for frying
Coat chicken with 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, salt, and garlic powder. Chill for 4 hours.
In a medium bowl, mix together oats, sesame seeds, 1/2 teaspoon salt, chicken granules, and monosodium glutamate. Set aside.
In another bowl, combine rice flour, cake flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, onion powder, basil, oregano, and chicken stock.
Dip the bite size chicken into the chicken stock mixture, and roll in sesame seed mixture.
Heat oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). Fry the chicken till golden.
We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.