Goodness, gracious, great balls of cheese! This one has the added appeal of crunchy carrots and nutty cereal! It's especially great served with crackers.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/4 cups shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup wheat and barley nugget cereal (e.g. Grapenuts TM)
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
Beat together cream cheese and Cheddar cheese. Stir in honey and carrots. Refrigerate the mixture until cooled.
When the mixture is cool, shape it into balls. Combine the cereal and parsley. Roll the balls in the cereal-parsley mixture and serve.