Very crunchy. Crispy noodles, sliced almonds and sesame seeds do their part in making this shredded salad a hit. The dressing is a sweet vinaigrette that brings out all the nice flavors.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 head iceberg lettuce - rinsed, dried, and shredded
- 1/3 cup toasted and sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3/4 cup chow mein noodles
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
In a salad bowl, combine the bacon, lettuce, almonds, sesame seeds, green onions and chow mien noodles; toss and refrigerate.
In a glass jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the oil, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper. Shake well and chill for 1 hour.
Before serving, shake dressing and pour over salad; toss and serve.