Toasted sesame seeds finish this stir-fried shrimp in a sweet and sour sauce with bell pepper, carrot and onions.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman Sweet & Sour Sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, cut diagonally into thin slices
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares
- 1 onion, chunked
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Combine sweet & sour sauce with 1 Tbsp. water.
Measure cornstarch into large plastic bag. Coat shrimp with egg white; drain off excess egg. Add shrimp to cornstarch; shake bag to coat.
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in hot wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic; stir-fry 10 seconds, or until fragrant. Add shrimp and stir-fry 2 minutes, or until shrimp is pink; remove.
Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in same pan over high heat. Add carrots, bell pepper and onion; stir-fry 4 minutes. Add shrimp and sweet & sour sauce mixture; cook and stir until shrimp and vegetables are coated with sauce.
Remove from heat; stir in sesame seed. Serve immediately.