An interesting combination of pork, tomato, onion, and bananas makes this recipe a Caribbean-style treat! Serve over cooked egg noodles.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless pork roast, cubed
- 1 pound onions, diced
- 1 pound bananas, peeled and diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown the pork on all sides. Mix in the onions, and cook and stir until tender.
Mix the bananas and tomatoes with juice into the skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pork is very tender. Season with cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.