You'll feel the pull of the islands in your own backyard when you and your family sit down to enjoy this delicious Cuban-style marinade on steak. Lively citrus flavors and piquant seasonings combine to create an intoxicating mix of island flavors.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cumin
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak, trimmed of visible fat
Mix all ingredients, except steak, in a large, self-closing plastic bag or glass bowl.
Add steak, turning to coat well. Marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, or longer for extra flavor.
Remove steak from marinade and grill over medium-high heat 6-8 minutes per side for medium rare (145 degrees F) to medium (160 degrees F) doneness. Baste with remaining marinade halfway through cooking, if desired. Discard any leftover marinade.
Grill onion slices and serve over steak.