A very quick, easy, and inexpensive main dish to prepare. You can top this with sour cream before serving, if you'd like. Depending who will dine with me, I add some red pepper flakes for added pizzazz.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound cube steak, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (4.5 ounce) package long grain and wild rice mix
- 2 cups water
- 5 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter, and saute the cube steak until evenly browned.
In a medium pot, mix the cooked steak and juices, rice, water, mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and onion powder. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, and simmer 25 minutes, or until all liquid has been absorbed.