Cucumbers and watercress come together to create mouthwatering sandwich bites.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 8 cups cucumber, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 20 slices whole wheat bread, crusts removed
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups trimmed and coarsely chopped watercress
Place cucumber in a medium bowl. Mix in salt. Cover and set aside for approximately 30 minutes.
Mix ground black pepper, chives and butter into the bowl with the cucumber.
Spread whole wheat bread slices with mayonnaise. Top 10 slices with equal portions of the cucumber mixture, then with equal portions watercress. Cover with remaining 10 slices of bread. Cut into triangles and serve.