Chocolate cupcakes are filled with cream cheese filling, then a surprise is hidden inside. Great fun for a school party!
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 4 maraschino cherries
- 4 milk chocolate candy kisses
- 4 walnut halves
- 1 (1.4 ounce) bar chocolate covered toffee bars, chopped
- 1/8 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup candy coated peanut butter pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese, sugar, and egg together until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Set aside.
Prepare cake mix according to package instructions. Fill each cup half full. Drop a heaping teaspoonful of cream cheese mix in center of each cupcake. Press one cherry, or chocolate kiss, walnut half, toffee piece, a few raisins or peanut putter pieces in the center of each cupcake.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.