Beginning with my Fast Chicken Soup Base it is easy to knock hours off of the cooking time usually needed for homemade chicken soup and still end up with soup that tastes even better than the 'from scratch' method. With a little creativity you can easily
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 recipe Fast Chicken Soup Base
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained
- 2 cups bite-size cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 (13.5 ounce) can coconut milk (optional, but very good)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- grated Parmesan cheese
Prepare Fast Chicken Soup Base. Bring to a simmer.
Add these, then simmer until tender, 10-20 minutes: 2 16-ounce cans chickpeas, drained; 2 cups bite-size cauliflower florets; 2 Tbs. curry powder; 1 13.5-ounce can coconut milk (optional, but very good).
Before removing from heat, stir in: 12 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
Final touch: Add salt and pepper, to taste. Serve soup with grated Parmesan cheese.
This recipe was originally featured in the USA WEEKEND article Soup Up Your Chicken Soup on February 23, 2003.
Find the Perfect Recipe from Pam Anderson.Copyright 2004 USA WEEKEND and columnist Pam Anderson. All rights reserved.